Step by Step Guide to Crack PMP Certification Process Infographic
Project management is one of the most valued skills in the job market today. One of the most reputable certifications you can take to prove your knowledge and skills in project management is the PMP certification, which is offered by the project management institute (PMI).
To receive the certificate, you should meet the following criteria:
- Have completed secondary education, worked in project management for 5 years, led projects for 7500 and have 35 hours of learning project management.
- If you have a Bachelor’s degree, you must have 3-years’ experience working in project management, 4500 hours spent in project leadership and 35 education hours.
If you qualify:
- Create an account on the PMI website.
- Fill the application form under the ‘myPMI’ section, either in hard copy or soft copy. Pay extra attention to the experience section.
- Submit the application and you’ll hear from PMI within a week.
- Pay exam fees. Non-members pay $555 and members $405. Membership, though not compulsory, has many benefits, and costs only $129 annually.
- Your application might have to go through a PMI audit. If you fail the audit, apply for a refund within 30 days. If you pass the audit, schedule for the exam.
- Schedule for exams by logging into the PMI® Certification system, selecting exam mode of delivery (paper based or computer based) and choosing a suitable date for sitting for the exam.
- Sit for the exam. You’ll have 4 hours to answer 200 questions.
- Receive your PMP certificate if you pass (which means you answer 137 questions correctly).
- Schedule for a re-take if you don’t pass. You get 3 retakes per year.
- Even after certification, it’s important to keep earning PDUs in order to maintain PMP status and avoid certificate expiry. PDUs can be earned through education activities such as completing a project management course, or through professional activities such as publishing white papers on projects.
- Once you accumulate 60 PDUs, apply for certificate renewal. You will need to pay $150 if you’re a non-member or $60 if you are a member.
Comments are closed.